Chinese Professionals Club – Houston Scholarship
Jessica Li and Justin Truong, CPC Houston Scholarship Chairs
firstname.lastname@example.org – Email
Application Due Date: December 9, 2019 (Monday)
In-Person Interview Dates (selected candidates): January 18, 2020 (Saturday)
CPC Scholarship Gala: March 7, 2020
-A student of Chinese descent (minimum 1/4) who is a resident of (or whose parent or guardian resides in) the Greater Houston Metropolitan Area
-Currently enrolled in an accredited high school or secondary school with plans to graduate by June, 2020. AND
-Begin full time undergraduate studies in an accredited college, university, or an institution of higher learning in the United States in the Fall of 2020
-Already enrolled in a Texas university majoring in education or high school senior planning to enroll in a school of education.
Financial Aid Award:
-Student who meets the applicant requirements
-Family income must not exceed 300% of the current poverty guidelines. Link to US Federal poverty guidelines: https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines
How are applications evaluated?
The CPC Scholarship Committee will evaluate each qualified candidates application. Scores will be compiled and the total scores are based on the criteria below:
|Academic Awards||Financial Aid Awards||Education Award|
After applications are scored. A selected group of students will be chosen to advance to the in-person interview round.
In-person interview date is January 18, 2020
Essay minimum is 300 words and the maximum limit is 500.
All candidates must answer one of the two options:
- Personal Statement which talks about yourself and your future aspirations
- Essay on a specific project, program or something that you have done that has been impactful
Education Award Candidates (in addition to the required essay for all):
- Write an essay on why you are interested in teaching in primary or secondary education
- Create a Google Gmail Account
- Fill out the Scholarship Form application
- Submit transcript (unofficial is acceptable), SAT and ACT scores
- Send two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor who can describe your academic or leadership accomplishments
- Submit essay
- Education Award applicants only- please submit education essay
- Financial Aid Award applicants only- please submit income tax return information
**Students may submit a copy of unofficial high school transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, letters of recommendation via email at email@example.com.
Click the link below to apply: